Manfred Mohr "Cubic Limit, Generative Drawings, Part 1 Travaux de 1973-1975", 1975
Galerie Weiller, Paris, France, 29 mai - 28 juin 1975, extended to July 15, 1975
This workphase contains work from 1973-1975
Work from this workphase was shown at Manfred Mohr's one-person exhibitions:
- Galerie Weiller, Paris , France, 29 May - 28 June, 1975, extended to July 15, 1975
- Galerie Swart, Amsterdam, Holland, 28 Sept - 17 Oct, 1975
- Galerie Media, Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 18 Feb - 21 Mar, 1976
- Galerie D+C Mueller-Roth, Stuttgart, Germany, 20 Feb - 17 Mar, 1976
- Galerie Gilles Gheerbrant, Montreal, Canada, 27 April - 15 May, 1976
- Situation 2 Galerie, Hamburg, Germany, 10 Nov - 22 Dec, 1976
THE ART WORKPHASE:
- This is the first Manfred Mohr workphase catalog using the cube as a fixed structure. He uses the lines of the cube as his alphabet for his drawings.
- This workphase contains works from 1973-1975.
- The first hundred copies of this catalog contained a computer generated etching.
- The graphical elements consist of subsets of the lines of a cube. This is an extension to the cube of his drawings from 1972 where he uses the lines of squares and triangles as the alphabet.
- Rotation of the cube is introduced here.
- Algorithms/Methods for this workphase: Series of all combinatorial number of lines n at a time, symbolic logic operations, various clusterings of
elements, complementary elements, computer generated visual diagrams explaining the process, use of numbers as well as graphic elements.
- In this workphase, besides the computer generated drawings and etchings, he created computer generated films.