Manfred Mohr "Drawings Dessins Zeichnungen Dibujos", 1974
Galerie Weiller, Paris, France, 13 mars - 13 avril 1974
Galerie Gilles Gheerbrant, Montreal, Canada, 24 avril - 22 mai 1974
This workphase contains work from 1971-1973
Work from this workphase was shown at Manfred Mohr's one-person exhibitions:
- Galerie Hendrike Swart, Amsterdam, Holland, 22. Oct - 10. Nov, 1972
- Galerie Edith Wahlandt, Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany, 25. May - 29. Jun, 1973
- Galerie Pierre Weiller, Paris, France, 13. Mar - 13. Apr, 1974
- Galerie Gilles Gheerbrant, Montreal, Canada, 24. Apr - 22. May, 1974
THE ART WORKPHASE:
- This is the second Manfred Mohr workphase catalog with computer graphics.
- This workphase contains works from 1971-1973.
- In this workphase, as in that of the one before (1971), Manfred Mohr developed a new algorithm for each drawing and explored many different ideas
- Algorithms/Methods from this workphase: Series of drawings, partitioning of space, path finding, space filling, reflections, projections on spheres, projections
into circles, geometric objects with their lines as the alphabet (squares, triangles), angles corresponding to the alphabet and numbers, complementary lines,
spaces and sub-spaces (lines into squares), more spline fits for curves, more hashed surfaces (vertical, horizontal and circular), inversion of images, arcs of circles, non-intersecting objects, squares with moving sides, dividing of objects, rotation, sliced objects.
- In this workphase, besides the computer generated drawings, he started making computer generated films, some of which were
published in the next workphase catalog in 1975.
Complete exhibition catalog (english)
Invitations 1972 - 1974
Photos from 1972-1974
1972-1974 press about the shows|